Skip to content
- 2017 BEST CAREGIVING BOOK!! Caring.com named Holding the Net one of the best of 2017.
- AWARD WINNER!! Holding the Net has been named the 2017 AWARD WINNER in the Autobiography/Memoir category of American Book Fest’s Best Book Awards!
- Jill Roberts at WQCS, NPR for the Treasure Coast, broadcast an interview with Melanie Merriman on All Things Considered.
- Reed Pence at Radio Heath Journal featured Melanie Merriman and Holding the Net in his story on Navigating the Aging Process. Dr. Merriman discusses aging parents and the challenge of balancing the desire for independence against the need for safety.
- Julie Patterson and Mary Pat McKee interviewed Melanie Merriman about Holding the Net for Episode 92 of IndyBOOMER Radio. Click on the The Freebird Club logo to hear Melanie Merriman discuss the challenges she faced in caring for her aging parent.
- ThirdAge.com featured Melanie Merriman’s article on caring for a fiercely independent and aging parent.
- Jill Smolowe interviewed Melanie Merriman for Next Avenue, public media’s first and only national journalism service for America’s booming older population.
Jill recommends Holding the Net, calling the memoir “instructive.”
- Guideposts published an excerpt from Holding the Net November, 2017 in conjunction with National Family Caregiving Month. Comments welcome!
- Andrea Broom featured Holding the Net as the first book for the Follow our Passion Book Club. Andrea praises the book: Reading Melanie’s book taught me more than I could ever express and answered a lot of the questions I was too scared to ask out loud.
- Amber Koter featured Melanie Merriman’s article, The Responsibilities and Rewards of Being a Caregiver, on the Atlanta Mom website.
- Jessica Toomer ran an article/interview with Melanie Merriman in Guideposts on Oct. 5. Watch the Guideposts website for an excerpt of Holding the Net to appear in November for National Family Caregiving Month. Comments welcome!
- Alicia Bell from Train it Right ran Melanie Merriman’s article about balancing independence and safety for parents on the tightrope of aging.
- Holding the Net was chosen for presentation at The Miami Book Fair! Come hear Melanie read! Sunday, November 19, 5:00 p.m. 300 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL; Room 3314 (Building 3, 3rd Floor)